Yesterday I spent the day reclaiming wire from a broken electric tin opener, and knitting it…
I was at a loss I had tried the beady thing and it wasn’t working as I felt there wasn’t enough room for me to be creative.
I was using charts and instructions. You need to know now that I don’t respond well to instructions so bear with me.
Anyway they were looking flat no life, not what I was looking for. Then I had a thought, what if I knitted the beads. I tried but that was too floppy. This sounds like a fairy tale now… this was too soft and that was too salty and so it goes and so it goes…
Anyway, I remembered seeing an old electric tin opener next to the shed waiting for a tip run. I cut off the cable, stripped it down, to two strips of copper wire, looking just like skeins of hair and there it was my raw material, for free too!
Mental note, I may go that colour in the autumn…
So up to the work box to find the finest knitting needles I have and I am off. I am loving it, it’s a pain joining the wire and would be better if it was on a continuous spool, but what the hell, its fun.
It is looking alive and that’s what I wanted.
Next stop the beach, I have some ideas for mixing the knitting and some beach finds, particularly sea glass, and small treasure pebbles.
Will post a pic when one is complete, only trouble now is how do you finish off…..